The Molino Angeli was born in the mountains of the Apuan Alps, in Tuscany, and developed the crafting profession over several generations.
In 1951 the company was moved in Pietrasanta (Lu), in the Versilia plain. At first it was limited to the local market, working for the surrounding farmers, who brought their products to the mill. Then the fourth generation began to combine new technologies with the ancient stone mills, allowing us to achieve a high quality product among the stone-ground flours.
- Ancient Wheat flours
Batignani s.r.l. has been working in the food market, in particular in the production of flour, since 1711 and as a matter of facts it is one of the oldest and most prestigious existing company in Tuscany. Its management has been handed down from generation to generation and this is the essential and fundamental element that made this company notoriously trustworthy, reliable and high quality.
The main goal of the Batignani s.r.l. is to provide its customers with the various types of flour, produced at its factory, with a high quality profile and excellent competitiveness on the market
This is achieved primarily through continuous market research, careful selection of suppliers, that must be both qualified and certified, who are requested to produce products’ traceability, and also to appoint excellent consultants and sales representatives, as well as recruit the most qualified personnel as possible.
Thanks to its expertise and the precautions used, a high operating standard is constantly kept both in the production of the flours and in its delivery.
Furthermore, Batignani s.r.l. owns an internal analysis laboratory that allows the continuous analysis of both incoming and outgoing products. High attention is paid to customer relations, to the improvement of the products and also to the corporate brand.
The current facility has large and easy spaces, dedicated to the loading and unloading of the goods and huge hallways that prevent the promiscuity, even accidental, of the various types of products.
- Ancient Wheat flours
The company is located in the Municipality of Collesalvetti, just outside the city of Livorno and close to the art cities of Pisa, Lucca and Florence.
The company owns 700 hectares of uncontaminated nature with woods, lakes, plains and rolling hills surrounded by cypresses, ancient wheat fields and a natural oasis. A real nature and landscape treasure.
Using the natural valleys of the area, the company has built its artificial basins – 7 ponds – thus building an independent irrigation system: an important strength.
The company is entirely organic and pursues the objective of safeguarding crops with low environmental impact and therefore the entire territory.
More than 70 hectares of the estate are dedicated to the cultivation of ancient grains: Verna, Gentil Rosso and Triticum Turanicum varieties. These are stone ground and transformed into single-variety type 1 flour.
Another certified quality product, produced by the farm, is the organic Tuscan IGP extra virgin olive oil. It is made exclusively with olives produced within the farm by the 7000 plants, some of which are even centuries-old.
Furthermore, inside the estate there is the Regional Nature Reserve Oasi della Contessa, which is a Natura 2000 site as well, recognized as Biosphere Reserve of the UNESCO MAB program “Coastal forests of Tuscany”, aimed at promoting a balanced relationship between human beings and the environment through biodiversity protection and sustainable development good practices.
The company also has a riding stable, two hunting reserves and Lake Alberto, a location with an equipped area where in the spring / summer season it is possible to relax, organize barbecues and enjoy lunches or dinners made by the Chalet del Lago.
Finally, there are farmhouses recently renovated by keeping the typical Tuscan style, which have been destined for guests.
There are also 15 other ruins, to be restored as civil dwellings or as agricultural premises.
- Osteria BIOSTÈ, our restaurant
- Residence La Rondinaia, five apartments with a rustic flavor
- Oasi Lo Spondone – cottage ideal for large events and officially authorized by the Municipality of Collesalvetti for the celebration of weddings
The facilities, as well as the geographical position, which favors the presence of a mild climate, makes the company’s use potential high.
The great commitment has allowed the company to grow and develop over the years, also reaching important goals and awards that underscore the efforts made in working with the aim of respecting nature and biodiversity.
These include the Quality Made certification in 2018, the SMARTIC program and, in 2017, the Special Mention, at national level, on the proposal of the UNESCO club of Livorno in the context of the competition “The Factory in the Landscape” for the “Great enterprise of territorial recovery and regeneration, which attests an uncommon attention for the care of naturalistic and vegetational aspects […] in respect of production needs and economic sustainability, with sensitivity, ability and excellent results in terms of aesthetics and environmental impact “.
- Ancient Wheats
Surrounded by the nature of the Sienese countryside and near the Rapolano Thermal Center, the “Il Poderino” farmhouse is characterized by calm and hospitality.
Thanks to the friendliness of the owners it is the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday.
The Poderino is a restored farmhouse in respect of its ancient origins. It is located in the heart of the Crete Senesi, a stone’s throw from the center of the country’s history.
Il Poderino di Asciano is a Farmhouse with active production of cereals, sunflowers, corn and meadows, for a total of about 100 hectares of land
- Ancient Wheats
Col d’Orcia is one of Montalcino’s most historic wineries.
Archeological digs prove that the slopes overlooking the Orcia River have been inhabited by man since the Etruscans over 2,500 years ago. Four centuries old olive trees amongst the Brunello vineyards testify to the uniquely favorable conditions of soil and climate on the Col d’Orcia hill.
The estate’s modern-day lineage dates back to the year 1890, when records show the Franceschi family of Florence purchased the property, then known as Fattoria di Sant’Angelo in Colle. In 1933, Fattoria di Sant’Angelo in Colle presented its Brunello at the Wine Exhibition of Siena, one of the first trade shows in Italy, decades before environment. For a wine to be a true expression of the land, the grapes must be of the highest quality standard.
Brunello would become a prized, world-class wine.
The Cinzano family has been active in the wine and spirits business for many generations. They used their extensive sales network to distribute the early vintages of Col d’Orcia, contributing to the fame and recognition of Brunello on the world markets. Under the leadership of Count Alberto Marone Cinzano, plantings reached 70 hectares by the early 1980s. In 1992, Marone Cinzano’s son Francesco took over and continued to increase plantings to the current level of 140 hectares, of which 108 are Brunello-designated vineyards, making Col d’Orcia the third largest owner of Brunello vineyards.
Since August 27, 2010 the whole estate including vineyards, olive groves, other fields and even the gardens are farmed following exclusively organic agricultural practices. With this certification, Col d’Orcia will become the largest organic wine producing estate in the whole of Tuscany.
We are very proud of this achievement and consider Col d’Orcia “an organic island” in Montalcino.
- Ancient Wheats
The Florence Agricultural Consortium originated from the Agricultural Council of Florence, with statute dated back to May 27th, 1889; it was the first Agricultural Consortium in Tuscany and one of the few that existed in Italy. In the following years the Consortia of Italy with the tools of agricultural credit and the clusters, became a real resource for the millions of people who fought against poverty.
After the Second World War, the Federation of Italian Consortia was the only institution that remained solid and structured, and therefore took care of organizing and distributing the funds of the Marshall Plan. There are many events that have occurred from the 60s to today, but the Florence Agricultural Consortium has remained a reliable and dynamic partner able to offer, at the best conditions, the delivery of technical means, fertilizers, agricultural fuels, agronomic products, the specialist assistance, and the collection and marketing of production.
It also now offers products and services in the financial and insurance areas. To date, the Agricultural Consortium of Florence with its 14 employees and 12 agencies distributed throughout the province, with a turnover of over 16 million euros, is able to satisfy all the needs and requirements of the over 1,000 members, trying to facilitate all agricultural processes starting from treatment planning, thanks to the technical staff present in the area; bureaucracy, up to financial support through the instrument of the agricultural bill.
The Florence Agricultural Consortium is engaged in the supply chains for the production of cereals and also manages the “Agriqualità” brand for the production of the flours used in the baking of the “Mugello Bread”. Our Agencies are able to offer total coverage across the province thanks to their presence in the main agricultural areas of the Tuscan capital. The Consortium is in fact represented in Mugello with the agency of Vicchio and Firenzuola, in the renowned reality of Chianti, famous all over the world, with the points of sale of Impruneta, Greve in Chianti, Pontassieve, Tavarnelle and Figline-Incisa Valdarno, also in the Empolese-Val d’Elsa area with the agencies of Castelfiorentino, Fucecchio and Vinci. Finally, the Agricultural Consortium of Florence, through the main office located in Sesto Fiorentino and the agency of Lastra a Signa, in addition to taking care of the logistics of all the points of sale, carries out retail and wholesale sales of agricultural products throughout the north and west of Florence.
- Ancient Wheats
- Ancient Wheat flours
The Siena Agricultural Consortium is a cooperative of farmers from the provinces of Siena and Arezzo. Founded back in 1901, it has always maintained the function of supporting agriculture and enhancing agricultural production in the area; it also sells agro-food products in its network of shops located in the two provinces.
The agro-food sector of the Agricultural Consortium of Siena currently includes eighteen shops, three butchers, an oil mill also in the “chianti classico”, an Enopolio Winery with a bottling center in Poggibonsi. The Consortium, for the supply of its network of shops, mainly addresses its Members and Customers of the Sienese and Arezzo territories, such as sheep farmers who produce cheese in the Crete Senesi or in the Val d’Orcia, pig farmers who produce cold cuts with artisanal methods, fruit and vegetable producers from the Valdichiana and the like. The Consortium is the promoter of the “Tuscan Farmers Pasta” project, a quality durum wheat pasta, made – with traceability system – from wheat grown exclusively in the territories of the provinces of Siena and Arezzo, whose industrial phases (semolina production and pasta making) are entirely carried out within the Tuscany region. For some years he has rediscovered and enhanced the ancient variety of soft wheat “Verna” by making a “Verna bread” (naturally leavened, stone ground) and a “Verna beer” (raw beer, refermented in the bottle) which have had significant success for their uniqueness.
- Ancient Wheats
- Ancient Wheat flours
Pasta Pastasciano is made with an ancient and selected durum wheat called “Cappelli” from the name of his discoverer, born in 1915. Pastasciano is only made by the members of our consortium, in a small area in and around Asciano (Tuscany, close to Siena).
Cappelli is an ancient durum wheat, more resistant than the more modern ones, it doesn’t need any chemical treatment. Its productivity is a little bit lower than others, so it is cultivated by those who want to obtain excellent quality, best nutritive values and an healthy nutrition. Gluten intolerant people can eat it, but NOT those who suffer from celiac disease. In order to preserve the original flavour of our Pasta, milling is made in a traditional way only in our trusted mill, Silvestri in Torgiano (Pg).
Our pasta is produced by Pastificio Fabbri (Fi) with a traditional method, called natural drying. In every phase of production (kneading, compression, molding and drying) temperature always remain below 38°C. This means that it usually takes from three to six days to complete the drying process. In this way both gluten and starch remain at their original condition, that makes it easier to digest. Finally, thanks to the molding in bronze, the flavor of our pasta and its characteristics are enhanced.
- Ancient Wheat flours
More than fifty years dedicated to the art of bread and pastry. Founded in 1959 by the brothers Giovanni, Sabatino, Mario and Gino, our company has been producing quality products for generations, such as the famous bread baked in a wood oven.
Our current dimension, with the production units in the Valdarno has not distorted our soul. The accuracy in the choice of raw materials and the attention in the processing of the products are like in 1959. A passion for craftsmanship.
Since 1999 the Ente Toscano Sementi has restarted the activity of conservation and selection of the wheat varieties which saw the light on its slopes. In particular, it produces about 15-30 quintals per year of the pre-basic nucleus of the Verna variety. This quantity is almost completely transferred to the Siena agricultural consortium which deals with the marketing of the seed destined for the comeback.
In addition, the company maintains its other wheat varieties in purity: Est Mottin 72, Sieve, Arno and a selection of Andriolo from the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines, other varieties that were established by the former Institute of Agronomy of Florence called IAF and old varieties used in the past in Tuscany and other Italian regions.
- Ancient Wheats
One of the most important estates of the Gondi is Villa Bossi in Pontassieve, which the family still owns since 1592, the date on which Bartolomeo di Bernardo Gondi purchased the estate by the Tolomei family.
In the second half of the eighteenth century, with Niccolò Antonino Gondi, the villa of Bossi was extensively rebuilt, enlarged and enriched with sumptuous baroque decorations, and the small pre-existing chapel became a real church with three altars, a large organ and two lateral choirs, one for the family and one for the servants, a large sacristy in the back of the church. In this church there are the burials of all the Gondi who owned this villa from that moment on. The villa of Bossi assumed a role of greater importance for the family between 1878 and 1884; it was restored and transformed by closing the central courtyard, open towards the valley, by the young widow of Francesco Gondi, Maria de la Bruierre, a French nobleman, who, not settling very well in the Florence of the time, preferred to spend a lot of time in the country villa, together to his two sons Carlo and Maddalena. In addition to having the central hall built, she raised the villa by one floor, creating rooms for the servants’ quarters and a large wardrobe, expanded the cellars by building a large room, under the garden, equipped for winemaking and from which it was accessed through a long staircase that started from the aging rooms, where the oak barrels and barriques are placed. He also had the cellar partially buried to have a more stable temperature both in winter and in summer, equipped a large park with cedars of Lebanon and many holm oaks and an Italian garden in front of the villa. Carlo was succeeded by his son Giuliano, who after the Second World War began the transformation of the management from sharecropping form to direct management with wage earners and the related land transformation, starting to use new technologies and mechanized equipment. At his death in 1962 his son Bonaccorso continued this modernization work, replanting all the vineyards, part of the olive groves and cultivating part of the land with cereals with modern techniques. He expanded the estate by annexing the neighboring Quona company. He was among the forerunners of the agritourism activity by transforming part of the farmhouses into finely maintained apartments. (7 apartments with 46 beds). The current owners the Marquis Bernardo Gondi and his sister Donatella assisted by Bernardo’s children: Gerardo and Lapo continue the family tradition trying to maintain what their ancestors have always done: maintaining the integrity and beauty of the environment and nature, in which the company is inserted and continue in the philosophy that has always distinguished Tenuta Bossi, that is, the continuous search for a very high quality of the products that is obtained with careful processing and with the constant improvement of all production factors. So at Tenuta Bossi there was no excess in the temptation of the new in the cellar but, combining a perfect care of the vineyards to produce healthy and ripe grapes, careful vinification under constant human vigilance and an appropriate use of wood, we get to have products unique and particular without losing the flavor of tradition. The red wines, after a suitable maturation in the numerous oak barrels and in barriques, are refined in the bottle. Therefore the cellars of the company are located partly in the basement of the Villa and partly under the park in the shade of the old trees. These are characterized by the alternation of rooms with barrel vaults and sometimes crosses with sandstone or terracotta floors, where the wine rests in Slavonian oak barrels and French barriques. The Bossi estate produces about 800/900 hl of wine from Chianti Rufina DOCG, SuperToscan IGT, Bianco dei Colli dell ‘Etruria Centrale DOC, Rosato dei Colli from central Tuscany, Vin Santo del Chianti Rufina DOCG and also Grappa.
Since 1700 Molino Parri has been mainly involved in the production of soft wheat flour as it appears in the writings of the time. The craft of millers has been handed down to the present day and continues flourishing in the Parri family.
The mill today is a modern factory that since 1948 has undergone continuous transformations aimed at improving the quality and production level of wheat grinding. The passion and seriousness with which the Parri have carried out this profession over the years, have meant that today this company enjoys great esteem and is constantly growing. In the early 2000s we put an old millstone back into operation to bring people back to appreciate the flavors of the past, so slowly, stone-ground flours of ancient wheat and cereals, flours returned to the range so-called niche products with raw materials mostly local, of high quality and with a short supply chain. All our flours are made without chemical additives to guarantee a healthy and natural product to the end customer.
- Ancient Wheat flours
The farmhouse was built in an old farmhouse, surrounded by our vineyards, olive trees and fields where we grow ancient grains and truffles.
The winery, reachable with a short walk through the vineyards and olive trees, is open every day for visits, tastings and direct purchase of our products. We produce eight different wines, red, rosé, white and dessert, with selections of traditional and international ancient vines. Extra virgin olive oil cold pressed and only from our olives; flour and pasta with a selection of ancient grains such as Cappelli and Russello between duri and Verna, Gentil red and other soft Tuscan. Wildflower honey produced by our sedentary apiary, surrounded by honey plants grown by us such as rosemary, lavender, linden, manuka and others. Thanks to the protected condition of the reserve, encounters with hares, sometimes roe deer, pheasants and less common birds such as the woodpecker, the hoopoe, various species of birds of prey are frequent. In addition, other animals live on the farm which, due to their nocturnal habits, are more difficult to see from such as foxes, badgers and porcupines.
- Ancient Wheats
Panificio Menchetti srl, in continuity with the family tradition, produces bread, baked goods and confectionery. The company history perfectly overlaps with Menchetti’s family history.
The traditional recipes, rigorously applied in the use of raw materials of the highest quality and in the ancient manufacturing procedures, handed down from father to son, mean that the ‘Menchetti’ products are characterized by their absolute quality and craftsmanship and we have met the favor of an ever wider clientele, even outside the regional borders. We are a company in constant evolution, but with an eye to the environment, for this reason we use renewable energy to be greener.
In 2019 we inaugurated the new plant for frozen pizzas, which we produce with the best raw materials and with the use of stone-ground flours, including the ancient Tuscan Verna wheat flour.
- Verna Bread
- Frozen pizza basis 300g with Verna wheat flour
The history of our company begins during the last decade of the 19th century when the great-grandfather Giovanni Fabbri purchased a portion of land in Piazza di Strada in Chianti and he set up a milling, pasta-making and resale business.
In order to get out of his father’s power, Giovanni Fabbri headed everything to his wife, thus creating, according to the laws of the time, a new family group.
During the Second World War, many machines were mined and blown up from the star bread mill, from the mixers to the vertical pasta press, to take away a good part of the livelihood from the country. Fortunately, a part of the building and the machines were saved and so the pasta factory remained in operation, which continues to keep intact the passion and attention to the quality of the beginnings.
Today the company is made up of two generations: the older generation (4th) represented by Giovanni who leads the company with the knowledge handed down and a new generation (5th), Marco and Lisa, who try to make this knowledge available to all.
The Società Agricola Casa Rossa was born in 1999 and is located in the municipality of Chianciano Terme, in province of Siena. The company managed exclusively by the family, covers an area of about 140 hectares, mainly invested in the cultivation of GMO-free wheat, corn, legumes and barley.
As well as ensuring rotations with cereals, legumes also serve as a protein source for livestock, trying to close the production cycle within the company. Among the cereals produced on the farm, the production of Verna wheat stands out, an ancient variety of soft wheat of Tuscan origin, much appreciated in the past for its rustic characteristics, subject to control and conferred on the Siena Agricultural Consortium. Here the Chianina breed cattle are bred, with cereals and legumes and forage of their own production from which, in addition to quality meat, a precious manure used as organic fertilizer in cultivated land is obtained. The company can boast the PGI brand of the Central Apennine White veal which guarantees consumers the origin and quality of the meat produced. Extra virgin olive oil is produced, cold pressed with olives of mixed varieties such as Leccino, Moraiolo, Frantoio. The oil produced has excellent organoleptic qualities due to the peculiar soil and climatic characteristics of the soils. The cottage also offers hospitality thanks to the farmhouse, where guests can appreciate the beauty of the surrounding landscape and experience a holiday of relaxation and contact with nature.
Corsini Biscotti srl is a renowned company, which the commitment and skills of the family have been able to transform into a modern, agile, creative enterprise, with tangible values, while respecting its original philosophy: maintaining a more human and engaging dimension, preferring to produce less to always produce the best of Corsini tradition and quality.
The development of the business and the success of the market have changed, over time, the size of the company: today a modern confectionery factory stands on the slopes of the town, a few minutes from the center, and spreads over an area of about 20,000 square meters, where about 60 employees work (which doubles in high season). From here, the renowned specialties are produced and depart, which within a few hours will already be fresh and fragrant, on the tables of Tuscany and in the best shops of the main cities of Italy and the world.
The family farm is located in the heart of the Maremma, between the municipalities of Capalbio and Manciano.
In the municipality of Manciano stands the farmhouse called “Agriturismo Il Fontanile” surrounded by approximately 14 hectares of arable land, while in the municipality of Capalbio, in addition to approximately 10 hectares of arable land, all farm buildings are located.
The company is run according to the principles of organic agriculture (ICEA certification) and, in addition to the cultivation of cereals and fodder, it is the promoter of an experimental project for the cultivation of Quinoa and Amaranth led by the owner of the company and called Tuttoquinoa. To date, the company carries out primary agricultural activities, without processing the company’s products or direct selling. The short-term business plan is to market at least part of the production directly by exploiting the synergy with the agritourism activity.
- Ancient Wheats